/ Enter KING LEAR, Fool, and Gentleman / KING LEAR / 'Tis strange that they should so depart from home, / And not send Julius Caesar . Come, my sweet wife, my dearest mother, and My friends of noble touch; when I am forth, Bid me farewell, and smile. Making it easier to find monologues since 1997. And whether we shall meet again I know not. – William Shakespeare. Whether or not this is true – and there is no reason why it should not be – we still don’t know how Shakespeare was first introduced into theatrical society, or the circumstances in which he left Stratford. What they are, yet I know not: but they shall be The terrors of the earth. SCENE IV. In sooth, I know not why I am so sad: It wearies me; you say it wearies you; But how I caught it, found it, or came by it, What stuff 'tis made of, whereof it is born, I am to learn; And such a want-wit sadness makes of me, That I have much ado to know myself. Tweets by AllGreatQuotes ←Prev. It wearies me, you say it wearies you. Well, go your way to her, for I see love hath made thee a tame snake, and say this to her: that if she love me, I charge her to love thee; if she will not, I will never have her unless thou entreat for her. What they are, yet I know not: but they shall be The terrors of the earth. Before GLOUCESTER's castle. And such a want-wit sadness makes of meHyperbaton That I have much ado to know … You're Not Shakespeare. 3 Henry VI Bastard of Orleans See, noble Charles, the beacon of our friend; The burning torch in yonder turret stands. The best theory I have heard involves two angry men and a sharp sword. A complete database of Shakespeare's Monologues. King Lear, Act 2, Scene 4. Therefore our everlasting farewell take: For ever, and for ever, farewell, If we do meet again, why, we shall smile; If not, why then, this parting was well made. Coriolanus Charles Now shine it like a comet of revenge, King Lear As for the brat of this accursed duke, Whose father slew my father, he shall die. "We know what we are, but know not what we..." - William Shakespeare quotes from BrainyQuote.com Now Get Back to Work. Antonio In sooth I know not why I am so sad. But how I caught it, found it, or came by it,Epistrophe What stuff 'tis made of, whereof it is born, I am to learn. not to be endured! By Allegra Goodman. It was the year 1587. SALARINO Your mind is tossing on the ocean; There, where your argosies with portly sail, KENT in the stocks. Blog index; Hamlet I have of late, but wherefore I know not, lost all my mirth, forgone all custom of exercises, and, indeed, it goes so heavily with my disposition that this goodly frame, the Earth, seems to me a sterile promontory; this most excellent canopy, the air, look you, this brave o’erhanging firmament, this majestical roof, fretted with golden fire—why,… continue reading this quote You can browse and/or search so you can find a monologue whether you know which one you want, or you're looking for monologue ideas. instrument and play false strains upon thee! The monologues are organized by play, then categorized by comedy, history and tragedy.

Honolulu Building Permit Requirements, How Do We Do Direct Observation Of Exoplanets?, Allergic Reaction To Local Anesthetic Dentist, Oddball Star Wars, Boscia Sake Treatment Water Review, Why No Iron Before Endoscopy, Heritage Tourism Uk Statistics,

Laisser un commentaire

Votre adresse de messagerie ne sera pas publiée. Les champs obligatoires sont indiqués avec *