Comfrey, Russian Root Crown Cutting (Bocking 14 Cultivar), organic, Comfrey, True (Symphytum officinalis) root crown cutting, organic, Comfrey, True (Symphytum officinale var patens), packet of 20 seeds, organic, Comfrey, Russian (Symphytum x uplandicum) potted plant, organic, Comfrey, True (Symphytum officinalis) potted plant, organic. The fall window is short and fast closing. It can also be used externally as a poultice to mend broken bones. It will take up a 2-foot circle. I am not worried about drought, but I would like to know if this cultivar will be an "accumulator". For ALL cuttings, plant about 2 to 3 feet apart and water well. summers with days over 100. Any plants/trees that would compete with comfrey and need to be avoided? Hello Raine, Hello Raine, I have many well-established plants of Russian Comfrey, which my goats and chickens enjoy. ", Hi Denise, that's funny, I stumbled on that same posting on permies. Root cutting with crown. Coe’s Comfrey sells the Bocking #4 strain of Russian comfrey, Symphytum Peregrinum, which is best for hardiness, highest yield and the highest protein with high allantoin content; for fodder, compost and all around general use. I have read that it can grow 3 feet deep. I will definitely be ordering from Strictly Medicinal Seeds again. I usually begin shipping the first part of April, depending on the weather. Comfrey has been used for thousands of years as a medicinal herb. I don't see a place to publish reviews of this supplier or plant so I hope it's okay to add a comment here. Nobumasa Nishishara. Another way I use comfrey is this: I have several long rows of comfrey in various places around my gardens. Planted immediately and all but one came up within a week! I forgot to tell you that I put in a few extra root pieces for you. Comfrey is also used to make tea as well as ointments and creams. Posted by Christopher Liow on 09/04/2016. 00. Also I don't think the root cuttings would arrive in very good shape...it would take too long for them to travel to you. Thanks! Should I plant the comfrey now? When will you have the comfrey in stock? We will ship them while supplies last. Do not leave the cutting exposed–let it sprout spontaneously up through the soil. They are definitely an "accumulator"! I bought a small box of Bocking 14 Comfrey root cuttings from a fellow permaculturist a few years ago, and have never looked back. The first step in our mission is to help organic growers sell organic seed. Mine is greatbigreddog@gmail.com. It doesn't matter which grouping of comfrey you want to order, but the comfrey WITH the crown comes up very quickly and gets established a lot faster than the cuttings without the crown. Me = confused, because different websites keep switching Bocking 4 and 14 like they're interchangeable. That information does seem to be the general consensus. Our goal is to regain some of that diversity. This photo is a Toggenburg goat eating some Russian Comfrey Bocking #14. Superb shipping. If you're not in a hurry, and you don't mind keeping it watered, etc, the cuttings WITHOUT the crown are less expensive. Washburn, MO, It is too long for me to wait but the good is that I could gather more money and hopefully purchase those little things from you without worry. Not sure where you live, but you may have time to get some going outdoors yet this fall. Full refund, including shipping, up to six months of purchase if not satisfied. Thanks. The roots of Comfrey can go down 10 feet (3 metres) into the soil and help to raise moisture and valuable minerals in the soil. WDC. I was looking for the book online and came across this posting on Permies.com: Sterile hybrid does not make seeds. Otherwise, the plant will stay put where you plant it, unless you dig through it or rototill or plow the area, in which case new plants will come up from root fragments wherever they are deposited. I won't be digging new root cuttings until March or April. I live in florida so I would like it sent as soon as possible. :). Im on zone 7, Posted by Korben Rodriguez on 03/20/2018, Hi Korben. Approximately 7 inches Cutting - Ready to Plant or Divide – Fast Growing – high Yield. Please add products before saving :). Yes, I will check on the shipping cost and let you know soon. I would recommend putting them in a plastic bag when you receive them. If you want to send me an email, we can exchange information a little more easily. It may compete slightly for water but that is the only competition I have ever noticed. Raine. Wow! One root cutting is at least 5 inches long and 1/4 inch in diameter. Natural plant feed - Comfrey Concentrate - Organic liquid fertiliser (1 litre) 4.6 out of 5 stars 51. :), Good afternoon Raine, Deer tend to avoid. I started to buy 10 root cuttings from crowns, but then saw I had to enter my credit card info. The first leaves will begin to emerge in 2 to 6 weeks, depending on the weather. In fact comfrey will improve any soil very quickly and very dramatically. Ill send you an email when I ship. (verified owner) – May 19, 2020. A chunk of the crown of the plant (the blocky part above the taproots), often with a piece of the taproot attached. Bought 2p and received 24. You can use these root cuttings to create more comfrey plants in your garden and also to make a healing salve. Zone 2; Zone 3; Zone 4; Zone 5; Zone 6; Zone 7; Zone 8; Zone 9; Zone 10; Zone 11; Shop by Tree Size . Cathryn Kasper, Corvallis OR I know from digging my own that it will get a couple inches in diameter within a year or two. It will boost fertility for any crop. It is the end of April and my plant is full and beautiful after a mild but wet winter. World of Comfrey! 4.5 out of 5 stars (1,228) 1,228 reviews $ 4.99. Get your root cuttings from this seller. acres in production. £12.00. 4.8 out of 5 stars 41. Read More. Russian comfrey originated from the natural hybridization of the common comfrey (Symphytum officinale L.) (native from England) with the prickly comfrey (Symphytum asperum Lepech.) I received my roots very quickly and was thrilled with the quality! From what I've read, If you do not want your package at that … I am beginning to get some comfrey that is ready to harvest now, so I will go ahead and change this listing so you will be able to order some if you like. Your root cuttings are attractive, to me. Wondering if I should wait until spring. The original planting spot will still produce a comfrey plant, in fact it will probably spread out a little bit. Poor soil is also not a problem. Thank you! Uses: Comfrey is commonly used in permaculture as a companion plant to fruit trees. I got a very large order and want to make sure I can fill it, before I take any more new orders. I live just south of Portland, Oregon. Cut the leaves back to near the base of the plant as you need them. It is a heavy feeder and will reach monumental size if given composted manure under the cutting at transplant and/or around the crown of the plant during the growth cycle. Ah there you are. Let me know if the snow melts and you would like it sooner. Hi Luke. Normally, lack of hard frosts means that you can plant comfrey in any season. Short of a backhoe, I can't confirm that! See you all next spring! Shipping is $7.95. I will post a pre-order listing this winter for next spring shipping probably right after Christmas. Russian Comfrey plant, Symphytun x uplandium, originated as a horticultural hybrid cross. Oh my gosh I am so sorry, but I never saw your question until right now. The roots will be fine for a few days travel, as long as they don't dry out. I'm sorry gardening friends, but I am already sold out of comfrey for the season. Root cutting with crown. One pound of bulk Root cuttings WITHOUT crown attached, at least 1/4 inch in diameter. In 1954 Lawrence Hills began researching the use of Comfrey. Each piece will include a portion of the crown. How difficult to start plants in zone 7a northern Calif with temps down to 20 degrees, very hot and DRY in summer? However I do prefer people to buy through seedwise, only because they don't charge me for my listing and only receive compensation when I make a sale. Plant the root cuttings any time in the spring when the ground can be worked. Thanks again! Grow your own organic plant food, mulch and compost accelerator! Need some clarification. I am curious if you know why it didn't flower? No problem at all! Traditional usage of fresh or dried leaves or roots (TWM):  used externally to speed healing. Yes, I can wait. I live in N. Wisconsin, can I plant comfrey now in October…will it survive the winter and sprout in Spring? I think you should wait until spring. Comfrey also has great medicinal purposes as well. It may go dormant without water during the hot months. I hope that helps! uses for medicine, livestock food, or even an organic fertilizer in the garden. I'm getting your order ready today to ship out tomorrow. Not too good to have right up against the trunks–give it at least 4 feet from trunk to plant. There is more detailed info in the description. The true comfrey seems to have less mucilage and also less echimidine, one of the (udesired) pyrrolizidine alkaloids. Yes, you could do that, although comfrey is a very fast growing plant and would need a good sized pot. Shop Trees by USDA Zone. Can you ship to Chicago in a time frame that two days travel will still allow the cultivars to survive the journey? Use the leaves for composting or a liquid manure mix. Hi again, I see that I didn't have the pre-orders available...I think I actually fixed it this time! But they are very tough and strong, so they will survive some neglect, no worries! I can chop at it indiscriminately and it grows back with the attitude of ‘is that all you got?’ And yes, be sure you put it where you want it the first time. I farm serveral thousand acres and plant some plants, in the off season, to benefit the soil. Thank you for the positive feedback, I really appreciate that! It produces clusters of purple, blue, and white flowers, and it’s … I will be returning to the Philippines about October 6, 2017 and want to know how long the roots are viable. All during summer and fall I continued to cut leaves back and the plants rapidly re-grew. Also, as far as deer resistant...probably not. You won't be charged until your order ships, probably around mid march. How to plant Comfrey, where to plant it and how to care for it. They were one inch long and after a month only one is finally shooting. We bought 6 of these and all grew well. We can try if you want to, but I'm worried you wouldn't be happy with them. Raine. From shop Yumheart. It can be removed successfully with heavy sheet mulching however. Thank you. We have lots of Comfrey Bocking 14 for sale. Shop Trees by USDA Zone Menu; Shop Trees by USDA Zone. Planted roots were up within one week of planting. Raine Bradford, Hi Raine, Lots of people use the hybrid for permaculture and the official for human healing. Dwarf; Semi-Dwarf; Standard; Videos. So sorry for the slow response. Yumheart. The first year it may grow only a foot or two tall, but by the second year it will reach it's full height, up to four feet tall and three feet wide. It acts as a living mulch that way. (verified owner) – June 28, 2020. Empty cart. Hi Ben. Yes, I am going to be able to dig the comfrey sooner than I thought, as we have had some good warm weather here. Useful medicinally and/or as a forage crop for your furry livestock. It can grow up to 5 feet tall. Your comfrey plants that did well may be dug up and divided next summer if you wish. Often thought of as invasive, the plant really doesn't present a problem until the root is disturbed. However, do you deliver root cuttings outside of the US? I cannot wait to order mine. spread, Variegated Russian Comfrey performs best when planted in well-drained soil in full sun to partial shade. If you can point us in the right direction... Hi Jamie, I would wait until spring. £10.00. They were all larger than the product description size, were fresh and healthy, and had bits of green leaves already emerging from several of the crowns. richo. I see that the shipping date is April but I have a green house and would like to get any earlier start, is that possible? Hope that helps! The powerful roots of Russian Comfrey Bocking #4 go down 8-10 feet. No problem! The leaves closer to the ground get huge! Rated 5.00 out of 5 based on 7 customer ratings (13 customer reviews) $ 4.00 – $ 60.00. Last year I planted about 20 comfrey plants in fall. Its possible shade could affect growth, especially if it never got going good before cold weather. Thanks! Everyone should have Comfrey in their gardens, the bees love it as do my plants and veggies. What about planting near grapes, blueberries, raspberries? Love the packing material. :) You can plant it almost anytime. Also used as a forage crop for small animals and poultry. Shop our various forms of Comfrey. :) For your zone, you can plant any time. Currently shipping very large chunks, people are double-stoked. I'll also be curious to see how deer-resistant it is. $24.99 $ 24. Many will be larger. I just bought some Bocking #14 from you. Read More. It is also a great source of fertilizer for your property. The type I have for sale here is purple. To plant the cutting, prepare a weed-free area of 1 foot square, fertilize the spot with compost, then bury the cutting in the center of that spot, completely covering the cutting with soil to the depth of 1 or 2 inches. Growing Practices: I usually make a ring of comfrey around each fruit tree about 12in away from it every time I plant a tree. In the nursery, we have great results making the fresh leaves into biodynamic tea, which we apply to our plants in a pot to increase vitality, growth, and to green up all those leaves! Only 6 left in stock. Comfrey has 2 “best windows” for transplant. Thanks for your order! I live in Portland, Oregon and a few years ago I purchased the Bocking 14 Comfrey from Strictly Medicinal Seeds. Comfrey is a high-yielding leafy green perennial herb, and a member of the borage family. Now comfrey is my favorite permaculture plant for my small orchard and I plan to buy more root cuttings this year. Established in 2011 Growing 24-48 in. I'm sure deer love it too. General information online is confusing at best. High in protein and potash, comfrey is commonly grown in the garden or added to the compost pile. Russian Comfrey Plants - Three Crown Cuttings - Establishes much faster and more reliably than root cuttings - Bocking 14 Variety - Symphytum × uplandicum (3) 3.4 out of 5 stars 12. Bocking 14 cultivar of Russian Comfrey (Symphytum x uplandicum). Comfrey, Russian Root Crown Cutting (Bocking 14 Cultivar), organic . Anyhow, you must have done this right! Happy gardening, It would be quite a challenge to spread comfrey over 150 acres! In the temperate zone, this cycle usually occurs 2 or three times per summer. Thank you very much! The information available online is contradictory and confusing. You may also order bulk root cuttings that do not include a portion of the crown. Hope this helps! Use them for mulch, animal fodder, or additions to your compost pile. Do you have another venue for selling where I can use paypal? The deer poke their noses through the garden fence for snacks. (Please note: the FDA has advised against using comfrey for human consumption due to the high content of liver-toxic alkaloids contained in the plant.) These will be various different lengths and diameters, and can be cut into pieces 1 inch long. I just changed the listing to enable pre-orders for next spring...let me know if you have any problems with it. If you would like, you can pre-order now. Privacy Policy. Shop by Tree Size Menu; Shop by Tree Size. We generally have heavy, clay soils...which I can amend somewhat. If you would like to text me at 9033728259 we can work something out directly. They are great for our fruit trees and chickens! As soon as you can dig a hole and put some compost in it, put in the root and cover it up without having to deal with chunks of ice. Doing some quick research on which comfrey varieties are good for what purposes, but finding some conflicting information. The Russian Bocking 14 is probably the most widely adaptable. richo, ramintasm A password will be sent to your email address. I highly recommend this supplier! in zones 8 or 9, you can plant comfrey year-round. tall with a 24-36 in. It is reputed to have stronger medicinal properties than English Comfrey, Symphytun officinale. One more question now regarding the use of leaves as medicinal herb. It just took them a little longer to get started. Hi Lori. One tiny bit of missed root during a dig out will make a new massive plant very quickly causing your significant other to ask ‘how many of these guys do we really need?’ This is a more economical way to get a lot of comfrey started, however root cuttings WITH the crown will produce a full sized plant one year earlier than buying root cuttings WITHOUT the crown. How much humidity/water needed for first two years? I used the leaves I cut for comfrey tea to pour around the fruit tree drip line; for dried plants that I powdered and sprinkled into tomato planting holes; and chopped up in my compost pile. I make a comfrey/plantain salve with it every spring. Feel free to email us at info@seedwise.com and we'll help you as best we can! When is the best time to order comfrey, bocking 14? Hi Raine, Hello Anila, Take them out and open the bag every few days to give them some air. Shop. I wish I had a more definite answer for you, but I'm really not sure. Richo, GardenGal 2.00 Planted the root as directed and waited for the first sign of life breaking soil. Sorry for the delay. Russian Comfrey is great for permaculture and has so many uses. The spring window will work better for you in a Z 7, I think. (verified owner) – March 26, 2020. Some are deep purple, others are more reddish purple. Anila Nair I love it. Very effective ground cover to start with as it gets huge with time and the leaves are very large. These get very large and it is best not to disturb the roots or they will spread. Thx! Just make sure you keep it watered and mulched until it gets established this season. Richo. I use, grow and sell, Russian Bocking 14 Comfrey, Symphytum uplandicum. Source of cell-proliferating molecule alantoin. But I appreciate your question, and will continue to look for answers. The last one just seemed to lag a bit but has now officially sprouted and appears to be doing fine. I'm glad you are happy with the comfrey! Or would it be better if I waited until spring? I ordered 20 root crown cutting and am very pleased with the health and size of the crowns. Comfrey is hardy from zones 3 to 9. Bought 5 from another seller. No Pesticides No Herbicides No Fungicides No Synthetic Fertilizers. Only 9 left in stock. ... 'Bocking 14' is a type of Russian comfrey and is a truly magical plant in the garden. Raine, Hi Raine, Thanks so much for your answer. Thanks! Terri Beerbower, Hi Terri. It is my favorite plant in the garden. I just ordered your comfrey. Otherwise, I really can't find them! Axminster Gold Variegated Comfrey has all the same medicinal benefits and soil building qualities of the more common Bocking 14 Russian Comfrey in a beautifully variegated form. Are you sure Bocking 14 doesn’t make any seeds? I can only tell you that many, many people use the Bocking 14 cultivar for its medicinal properties, and specifically bone healing. Thank you for your help! (verified owner) – May 11, 2020. Both reduce transplant shock of plants. I received the right amount of roots with crowns, but I also received a handful of roots with nothing on them. The way comfrey improves the quality of the soil means that you can plant it in with anything. Russian Comfrey Plant. United States (Zone 6b) This type of comfrey (or any desirable type of comfrey) can not be started by seed, only root cuttings. Let me do some checking on the shipping cost and get back to you. Comfrey will need moisture as it is getting started the first few months. Shipping is $7.95. From shop Yumheart. Fresh, rubbed leaves fed to ruminants, pigs and chickens to increase health and as a protein-rich nutrient dense feed. Works best to plant right at the drip line. ***To order, scroll all the way to the bottom of the page, past all the questions and answers. They arrived swiftly, and during the freaking covid outbreak. My comfrey root cuttings will be roughly 4 - 5 inches long and ⅜ inch in diameter. We give generous cuttings, from 2 to 6 inches long, generally as big around as your thumb, often larger, sometimes smaller–a mix. Hopefully it will do well. Once cut, the root pieces make new plants and this can lead to Comfrey overload in the garden. Perennial zones 3-9 Live plant in 3 inch container. One thing I wanted to point out is that some folks are having issues with getting the crowns to sprout because they are leaving the roots protruding up into the light. Symphytum uplandica x. Terms of Service. But you could build it slowly, with enough patience. Russian Comfrey #4 and #14 Are Similar Both Bocking #4 and #14 can be used as garden fertilizer, compost activator, mulch, medicine, or be fed to animals as fodder. Put some leaves in the hole before you replant. Have heard that a certain variety of comfrey is best for minimal "toxicity" risk when used internally as a tea to help strengthen bones. Most will be larger. I like to wait until the first part of April to dig up the roots because then they have already started to put a good amount of green leaves out. Care Instructions. Chickens, goats, horses and cows love wilted Comfrey leaves, some farm animals are less finicky and will ingest it right from the plant. This is NOT just a piece of the taproot, which generally takes longer to grow to a full sized plant than the more desirable crown cutting. I’m happy with the excellent root crown cuttings I received. Apparently it has a much shallower root system than #4, which may make it subject to drought. In late spring when I am ready to harvest the roots, I dig up the entire row of comfrey. Hi Amanda. There are many hungry rodents here in winter and I think I may have goofed. Hi Denise. To fertilize the leaves can be cut and dropped at a place where one wants to increase nutrients in the soil. I live in North Texas. £3.70 delivery. Posted by Nobumasa Nishihara on 01/28/2017, Hello! Currently digging and shipping comfrey. Hi Disney, You, or anyone with the link, can use it to retrieve your Cart at any time. Thank you! Buy Comfrey, Ponderay, Idaho. But I will let you know at that time Thanks! These people do great work. Will it grow in very poor forest soil? thank you, lori. Videos Menu; Videos. Comfrey is a shrub that grows in parts of Europe, Asia, and North America. Doors are open and we are digging. How close to the trunks can the roots be planted? I'll send it out early to mid May. In general, I would recommend following what is working best as far as planting times. :) I can’t see much advantage in planting the comfrey now, I think it would be better to wait until the spring. Within a week many were shooting up. They've now been in the ground several weeks and are loaded with large leaves and growing vigorously (one is already sending up a flower stalk). Shipping is by USPS priority mail. Had a couple of spares that I potted up for gifting. We have Comfrey Crowns, 1"-3" roots, Fingerlings, Knuckles and Chunks. Bocking #14 roots go down 6-8 feet. Each piece will include a portion of the crown. Thank you, Hi Denise, Machelle Manning Unfortunately I am all sold out of comfrey for this year. We encourage people to save and exchange their seeds with one another. Comfrey's deep root system brings up nutrients from the subsoil and makes them available to shallower rooted plants. This is the original, heirloom, medicinal comfrey. Many people plant comfrey in the orchard, as it brings up minerals from deep within the earth that are good for fruit trees, and because it nourishes the trees with its fallen and composted leaves. I love the comfrey I purchased from you early this year and would like more. Comfrey does not always flower the first year, especially if it's in a shady spot. For more information on use of comfrey in the home garden and for use of comfrey in herbal medicine, including appropriate directions for safe usage in home health care, please read “The Medicinal Herb Grower Vol 1” and “Making Plant Medicine.”, Root Crown Cutting, certified organically grown, Show everythingShow all reviewsShow all questionsShow helpful positive reviewsShow helpful negative reviewsShow unanswered questions.

Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Cream, Difference Between Tamil And Sanskrit, How To Harvest Cramp Bark, Micrometers Near Me, Process Workflow Template, Granite Countertop Outlet Dallas Tx,

Laisser un commentaire

Votre adresse de messagerie ne sera pas publiée. Les champs obligatoires sont indiqués avec *