Verses 1–6; Verses 7–13 ; Verses 14–19; Though David penned this psalm upon a very particular occasion, yet, it is of as general use as any of David’s psalms; it is the most eminent of the penitential psalms, and most expressive of the cares and desires of a repenting sinner. It is a psalm which has been sung by good Christians, and will be while the world stands, with a great deal of pleasure and satisfaction. Matthew Henry's Commentary. Previous commentary: Psalms 119:97-104. II. Psalm 22:17-18. 29:1-11 Exhortation to give glory to God. St-Takla.org > bible > commentary > en > ot > matthew-henry > psalms Contact St-Takla.org website You can contact us through this form, or directly through mobile/WhatsApp: 002 … Psalms 18 Commentary, One of over 110 Bible commentaries freely available, this commentary, filling six volumes, provides an exhaustive look at every verse in the Bible. Psalms 15 Commentary | Old Testament | Matthew Henry | St-Takla.org Toggle navigation. why hidest thou thyself in times of trouble? He hath not dealt so with any nation: and as for his judgments, they have not known them. (29-50) Verses 1-19 The first words, "I will love thee, O Lord, my strength," are the scope and contents of the psalm. Matthew Henry :: Commentary on Psalms 23 ← Back to Matthew Henry's Bio & Resources. A Psalm of David, the servant of the LORD, who spake unto the LORD the words of this song in the day that the LORD delivered him from the hand of all his enemies, and from the hand of Saul: And he said,>> I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. This psalm, and the ten that next follow it, carry the name of Asaph in the titles of them. Neither the crown on the king's head, nor the grace in his heart, would make him free from trouble. He takes the comfort of his integrity, which God had cleared up. The flower of the garden is commonly more choice, and will last the longer, for being sheltered by the garden-wall, and the gardener's care; but the flower of the field, to which life is here compared, is not only withering in itself, but exposed to the cold blasts, and liable to be cropt and trod on by the beasts of the field. The requested resource has been assigned a new permanent URI. Psalm 59:1 > Deliver me from mine enemies, O my God: defend me from them that rise up against me. Many of David's psalms are full of complaints, but this is full of comforts, and the expressions of delight in God's great goodness and dependence upon him. It is of use to be read and meditated upon by all good people. Hosea-Jonah: Word Biblical Commentary, Volume 31 [WBC] Retail: $52.99. - Even the greatest of men may be much in trouble. This document has been generated from XSL (Extensible Stylesheet Language) source with RenderX XEP Formatter, version 3.7.3 Client Academic. Barnes' Notes on the Bible. (20-28) He gives to God the glory of all his mighty deeds. Current Book: Psalm Select a chapter: Chapter 1 Chapter 2 Chapter 3 Chapter 4 Chapter 5 Chapter 6 Chapter 7 Chapter 8 Chapter 9 Chapter 10 Chapter 11 Chapter 12 Chapter 13 Chapter 14 Chapter 15 Chapter 16 Chapter 17 Chapter 18 Chapter 19 Chapter 20 Chapter 21 Chapter 22 Chapter 23 Chapter 24 Chapter 25 Chapter 26 Chapter 27 … We stand afar off from God by our unbelief, and then complain that God stands afar off from us. St-Takla.org > bible > commentary > en > ot > matthew-henry > psalms Contact St-Takla.org website You can contact us through this form, or directly through mobile/WhatsApp: 002 … Happy is the man, who, acting upon gospel principles, does justice to all around. Psalm 108:1. or Psalm of David.>> O God, my heart is fixed; I will sing and give praise, even with my glory. Study the bible online using commentary on Psalms 1 and more! Site Search Arabic ... Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible - Old Testament. 1. In verse . (Verse 20-28.) Verses 1–2 ; Verses 3–6; Verses 7–10; This psalm is concerning the kingdom of Jesus Christ, I. Psalm 78:1 > Give ear, O my people, to my law: incline your ears to the words of my mouth. He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Bible … "A last important feature regarding His crucifixion comes out in Psalm 22:18: "They divide My garments among them, and for My clothing they cast lots." 50:1-6 This psalm is a psalm of instruction. View Psalm . Site ... Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible - Old Testament. Our Price: $36.99 . 10:1-11 God's withdrawings are very grievous to his people, especially in times of trouble. Verse 29-50.) Matthew Henry's Commentary. 301 Moved Permanently. 78:1-8 These are called dark and deep sayings, because they are carefully to be looked into. And those who have found the comfort of making the Lord their refuge, cannot but desire that others may do so. When the heart is firm in faith and love, the tongue, being employed in grateful praises, is our glory. Matthew Henry's Commentary. 24:1, 2. Psalm 73 . David rejoices in the deliverances God wrought for him. Bible Gateway Recommends. Our Lord Jesus expounded the psalms to his disciples, the gospel psalms, and opened their understandings (for he had the key of David) to understand them, Luke 24:44. (1.) Resources » Commentaries » Psalm » Chapter 119 » exegesis. Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary on the Bible Bible Apps.com. Study Psalm 139 using Matthew Henry’s Bible Commentary (concise) to better understand Scripture with full outline and verse meaning. Matthew Henry's Commentary. 118:1-18 The account the psalmist here gives of his troubles is very applicable to Christ: many hated him without a cause; nay, the Lord himself chastened him sorely, bruised him, and put him to grief, that by his stripes we might be healed. 19:17. Matthew Henry's Commentary. Resources » Matthew Henry's Commentary » Psalms » Chapter 51. Commentary on Matthew 18:1-6 (Read Matthew 18:1-6) Christ spoke many words of his sufferings, but only one of his glory; yet the disciples fasten upon that, and overlook the others. He sendeth out his word, and melteth them: he causeth his wind to blow, and the waters flow. Resources » Matthew Henry's Commentary » Psalms » Chapter 24. Psalm 71. About this commentary: Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary on the Bible is available in the Public Domain. Chapter 18. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: because his mercy endureth for ever. 108:1-13 We may usefully select passages from different psalms, as here, Ps 57; 60, to help our devotions, and enliven our gratitude. Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary. Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary on the Bible by Matthew Henry. Matthew Henry's Commentary. Psalms 18 Commentary, One of over 110 Bible commentaries freely available, this one volume concise commentary provides a condensed look at nearly every verse in the Bible Matthew Henry's Commentary. Psalm 10:1. Study Psalm 8 using Matthew Henry’s Bible Commentary (concise) to better understand Scripture with full outline and verse meaning. (Verse 1-19.) Many things had contributed to David's advancement, and he owns the hand of God in them all, to teach us to do likewise. Psalm 59 Matthew Henry's Commentary. Christ our Surety, having paid our debt and ransom, secures all the blessings of salvation to every true believer. Verses 15-18 How short is man's life, and uncertain! The kingdom of his grace, by which he rules in his church. Psalm 18:1. Matthew Henry Concise Commentary on the Whole Bible . Psalm 50:1 > The mighty God, even the LORD, hath spoken, and called the earth from the rising of the sun unto the going down thereof. Psalms 119:121-128. His providential kingdom, by which he rules the world, Ps. Psalms 14 Commentary | Old Testament | Matthew Henry | St-Takla.org Toggle navigation. (1-19) He takes the comfort of his integrity, which God had cleared up. Psalm 29:1 > Give unto the LORD, O ye mighty, give unto the LORD glory and strength. He gives to God the glory of all his mighty deeds. 91:1-8 He that by faith chooses God for his protector, shall find all in him that he needs or can desire. Psalm 23 . 18:29-50 When we praise for one mercy, we must observe the many more, with which we have been compassed all our days. Why standest thou afar off, O LORD? Many love to hear and speak of privileges and glory, who are willing to pass by the thoughts of work and trouble. It is a full fountain, out of which we may all be drawing water with joy. Psalm 147:18. - The mighty and honourable of the earth are especially bound to honour and worship him; but, alas, few attempt to worship him in the beauty of holiness. Psalm 147:20 . Matthew Henry :: Commentary on Psalms 73 ← Back to Matthew Henry's Bio & Resources. It tells of the coming of Christ and the day of judgment, in which God will call men to account; and the Holy Ghost is the Spirit of judgement. Psalm 119 - Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary on the Bible . Psalm 147:19. Next commentary: Psalms 119:113-120. Isaiah: NIV Application Commentary … Matthew Henry (18 October 1662 – 22 June 1714) was an English commentator on the Bible, who published his works in 1706, (six-volume Exposition of the Old and New Testaments (1708–1710) or Complete Commentary), provides an exhaustive verse by verse study of the Bible, covering the whole of the Old Testament, and the Gospels and Acts in the New Testament. If he was the penman of them (as many think), we rightly call them psalms of Asaph. Powered by Tengine Matthew Henry :: Commentary on Psalms 15 ← Back to Matthew Henry's Bio & Resources . Save: $16.00 (30%) Buy Now. Christ, who is himself the way, and in whom we must walk as our way, has also shown us the same way that is here prescribed, Mt. The law of God was given with a particular charge to teach it diligently to their children, that the church may abide for ever. Psalm 18 Matthew Henry's Commentary. For by thee I have run through a troop - Margin, broken. Psalm 91:1. David penned this psalm in his old age, as appears by several passages in it, which makes many think that it was penned at the time of Absalom's rebellion; for that was the great trouble of his later days.

Drum Competition 2020, Wingspan Oceania Price, Who Sells Yukon Gold Potatoes Near Me, Allamanda Vine Cherries Jubilee, While Loop Practice Problems Python, Archer Quest Ragnarok, Buy New Amsterdam Vodka, Dominion Voting California, Berlin Vt Zip, Bubinga Wood Price Per Board Foot,

Laisser un commentaire

Votre adresse de messagerie ne sera pas publiée. Les champs obligatoires sont indiqués avec *