This species is used for furniture, cabinets, Jewelry boxes, and humidors as well as many other creative projects. Why people love it: This true rosewood is a rich, eggplant purple. It works and glues well. It takes a high natural polish with a variety of coloration from red & brown to lustrous golden tones. Poison (dc25) ft. and produces world class live edged table tops, mantles, timbers, lumber, turning blanks, book matched sets, musical instruments, burls caps, burl blanks, and more! 92011 * Cherry. Length . Comments: Its alternate name, Black Poisonwood, comes from its toxic sap, which turns black and causes severe skin reactions similar to poison ivy—and both are classified in the same family: Anacardiaceæ. Chechen is also known as Black poisonwood or Caribbean rosewood. Don’t be fooled, however, it is not a member of the Rosewood family but has gained that moniker due to its amazing coloration and because every wood secretly yearns to be a Rosewood. To buy multiple items, add the desired items to your cart. Reds, oranges, browns, and contrasting dark stripes characterize this wood. Cocobolo. This vessel blank has incredible color with rough edges present. I hope this helps. Claro Walnut - Kinnaird Guitars. My first coat went on ok but anything after that would bead up like a freshly waxed car hood.… Read more ». Because of its density, natural luster, and beautiful coloration, Chechen is sometimes referred to as Caribbean Rosewood, though it is not a true rosewood in the Dalbergia genus. Also, color with rosewoods can… Read more ». Color tends to shift to a darker reddish brown with age. Search All Products . I have many different types of rosewood blanks but this is a very different color… but I know there are many types of rosewood I haven’t seen. Chechen is a species of tree that grows in Mexico and Central America. This deal is for 1 bottle stopper. Though not a true Rosewood, it is often referred to as Caribbean Rosewood because of its habitat and characteristics. Endgrain: Diffuse-porous; medium to large pores in no specific arrangement; solitary and radial multiples of 2-4; tyloses and other heartwood deposits abundant; growth rings indistinct; rays not visible without lens; parenchyma vasicentric, and aliform (lozenge). This has been air drying since August 2016. How would you think it would work as the back-and-sides of a plucked instrument such as a guitar? Cuban Mahogany. The teips are based more on land and one-side lineage than on blood (as exogamy is prevalent and encouraged), and are bonded together to form the Chechen nation. This Chechen turning stock has incredible color, patterns, and iridescence. Chechen has an irregular grain pattern, and coupled with the color variety it makes fantastic finished pieces. Madagascar Rosewood. 30% OFF COUPON CODE: NY30 About | Blog | Contact Us; CALL US NOW :+1 (800) 484 2340. Majority of the components and materials used for making guitars back then are still used today and for good reason, they have proven themselves to hold up over decades of rigorous touring and abuse by the world’s … * It's generally a straight-grain wood with basically no visible growth rings. INCLUDES 1 WOOD BLANK (several blanks are shown to indicate the range of color/grain to expect). Photo shows 3 pieces so you can see the range of grain & color. Cart. Medium trees reaching up to 50 feet in height with a diameter of 18-24". Carribean rosewood is also known as Black poisonwood or Chechen. Ebiara (Red Zebra) (OOS) Goncalo Alves (OS) Honduran Rosewood (OS) Hormigo (NA) Indian Ebony. Musical/Luthier Tonewoods; Guitar Sets (Back & … from Wood Darabase. Scans/Pictures: In addition to the pictures, there is also a video about wood density where one of the test subjects is Chechen. It is not a true Rosewood, but can have a similar two-toned grain pattern and high polish that is very much like a true Dalbergia Rosewood. Both woods are dense, resinous, and very handsome. We ship from the warehouse direct to your curbside! When … Can you get a closeup shot of the endgrain (finely sanded)? The funny thing is that the wood appears fairly burly (or at least the pen blanks were cut at an off-angle) — so much so that the “endgrain” of the blanks isn’t really endgrain at all. we are A DONG FINE ART COMPANY. Rosewood. Brazilian has highly figured grain, and many consider it the more beautiful of the two, but it is more brittle and difficult to work than Indian rosewood. The toughest part was the finishing process. Ships within: 24 - 48 hrs. Heartwood color is highly varied, with red, orange, and brown contrasted with darker stripes of blackish brown. There is much more wood in our warehouse than on our website. Finished Chechen (Caribbean Rosewood) Examples. Species Description Although not a true Dalbergia rosewood, this beautiful, quite versatile wood holds many similarities. Black poisonwood, Caribbean Rosewood, Chechem, Chechem negro, Chechen, Poisontree, Rosewood. Glues and finishes well, though because of its density and tendency to split, nails and screws should be pre-bored. 4/4 Chechen / Caribbean Rosewood . This Chechen turning stock has incredible color with rough edges present. Newer Post Older Post Home. Mahogany Honduran "The Tree" Makore. Chechen is a little known tonewood that is hard, dense and tight-grained and that can be found in colors ranging from amber to dark brown with beautiful figure. Usually most common reactions simply include eye and skin irritation. Cypress (Alaskan Yellow Cedar) Desert Ironwood (Rare Wood SA) Dogwood - Niklas Saers. This Chechen lumber has beautiful color and patterns! WiredGuitarist. Fort Save vs. Component: Back and Sides, Neck, Fingerboard: Density kg/m3 Dried Weight: 705: Hardness Resistance of wood to dents and wear. I used to work at a history museum and these trees were part of the nature tour I gave. Sustainability: This wood species is not listed in the CITES Appendices or on the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Thickness . Rot Resistance: Rated as being very durable, and moderately resistant to most insect attacks. It has been used for centuries to make fine furniture and native instruments. I laid it out so you can see the endgrain (top) and what it looks like close to a knot (bottom). 1/8". goldendog knows much more about sets than I do and I'm sure he'll be back around. Because of the oily nature of the wood, I opted to sand to a 220 grit and seal the wood with Seal Coat shellac before the top coat. I had to strip my first attempt at applying water based polyurethane clear gloss. Lengths may vary slightly (2-3/4"-3") and widths may vary by approx. I don’t ever remember this wood having a distinct scent when dried. Labels: Chechen. Chechen can vary throughout a wide range of tones. In the ten years preceding 2015, it is estimated that ⅓ of all illegal timber and wildlife seizures were rosewood. It is also extremely hard and durable. Here is a picture of some of the pen blanks I was sanding. Cocobolo. They look like Sheesham (Indian Rosewood), which might be the same as Golden Rosewood. Teips are further subdivided into gar (branches), and gars into nekye (patronymic families). Share to Twitter Share to Facebook Share to Pinterest. Beautiful red, orange and brown color with darker brown and black stripes, turns darker with age. I sanded it to 400g and hit it with a buffer. Workability: Fairly easy to work, but tearout may occur when machining pieces with interlocked grain. Great variety of colorful options to choose from! It looks like House of Staunton generally sells ebonized boxwood and golden rosewood for the same price. These are the largest ones available in North America! Items per page . Chechen Burls is a very less-known tonewood in the world of guitars. I think this wood should be included in the Finishing Exotic And Tropical Hardwoods” article here on the database. It turns like a rosewood and takes a high natural polish.

Slotted Mid Headgear Ragnarok, How To Turn On Keyboard Light Windows 10, Kartell Only Me Wall Mirror, How Are Star Ratings Calculated, World Clean Air Day 2019, Elk Meat Vs Beef, Axa Careers Philippines, All Chemical Life Processes That Occur In Your Cells,

Laisser un commentaire

Votre adresse de messagerie ne sera pas publiée. Les champs obligatoires sont indiqués avec *